As if our recent Guide to Chicagoland Coding Classes wasn’t enough, now we’ve gone full STEM ahead to bring you a roundup of 20 STEM enrichment programs around Chicago and the metro area. It’s full of great options to help your elementary or middle school student build STEM skills in a fun, low-pressure environment that can introduce them to exciting new topics or supplement what they’re learning in school.
This guide is brought to you by Codeverse, which has locations in Chicago, Naperville, and Wilmette.
20 Awesome STEM Enrichment Programs around Chicago
2.Digital AdventuresJoin the top-rated technology studio for kids in Chicago. Learn to build video games, robots, animation, Minecraft Mods, 3D models, mobile applications and websites. Daily class summaries and digital portfolios enable you to track your child’s development progress. Customers can save 10% OFF by entering MAKERMOM in the promocode field during registration. Chicago, Wilmette, Oak Park
3. Bit Space Creative Maker education where kids and teens use real tools to build real things. Chicago, Wilmette,
5. Chicago Math Circles Free engaging math enrichment for students in grades 5-12. Chicago (multiple locations)
7. Code Play Learn Minecraft modding, Roblox, Lego Robotics, LittleBits engineering and more. Oak Park
8. Coder Dojo Hands-on coding workshops (often free) for kids ages 7-17 in several different programming languages. Chicago
9. Coder School Coding classes for students at all skill levels in a broad array of languages. Highland Park
10. Codinu Computer programming in Python, Scratch, App development and more. Naperville
12. Kids Science Labs Hands-on science classes. Chicago (multiple), Northbrook, Naperville, Vernon Hills
13. Kids STEM Studio Science, engineering, coding, and robotics. Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Oak Park
14. Mad Science Chemistry, space exploration, and more. Locations vary
15. Noggin Builders STEM fun with an emphasis on creative problem-solving. They host a Destination Imagination team and robotics teams. Northbrook (two locations)
16. Power Up Tech Academy Weekly coding classes throughout the year to gradually build skills and confidence in technology. Chicago
17. Robot City Workshop Build robots, learn to solder, construct circuits and learn about electrical engineering. Chicago
18. Sylvan Learning Various locations around the metro area.
19. The Laboratory Collective Creative hands-on STEM and STEAM programs. Chicago
20. TinkrWorks Makerspace and STEAM lab, as well as opportunities for robotics, digital design, and coding. Hinsdale.
Looking for more ideas STEM after school or weekend STEM and STEAM enrichment? Don’t overlook your local library, park district, community college, and nearby universities, as well as Chicago-area zoos and museums.
Be sure to see our Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer Camp Guides for even more options. Don’t miss our event calendar and be sure to join our newsletter to receive an awesome roundup of news and events twice a month!